In 1985, the Air Jordan I released, starting a major shift within basketball culture. The shape, colorways, and design completely disrupted the footwear norms of the time. Years following the initial release, the Air Jordan I began to assimilate into skateboarding culture when other skate endemic brands were focused on other sports. Vert and street skaters of the 80’s called for a sneaker with cushioning, a high collar, and vibrant colors. With icons like Lance Mountain, Mickey Reyes and Bryce Kanights beginning to skate in the Air Jordan I, others took notice and its legacy began to form.
Since then, the two cultures have continued to cross paths and make history. This year, we celebrate their relationship with the SB x AJI “Defiant 1”. The collaboration pays homage to two sets of paralleled cities in Jordan Brand and skateboarding history Los Angeles and Chicago, Paris and New York. While the Air Jordan I still remains a basketball classic, the “Defiant 1” is designed to gradually reveal the second colorway with wear as a nod to skate culture.
The LA to Chicago colorway pays homage to the two cities that catalyzed the birth of skateboarding and greatness. While skateboarding history is prevalent between these two cities, their transcending love of basketball is also shown through their iconic colors.
Air Jordan 1 High OG Defiant 'LA to Chicago'
Mens Sizes 8-14
Release Date: 05/24/2019
Come by any Louisiana location on 5/23/2019 to grab a raffle ticket. Winners will be called by 5/24/2018 at 11 AM CST.
At our Austin location. Thursday!
No Comply ATX x Sneaker Politics Live Raffle Party & FREE PAIRS giveaway of Nike SB x Jordan 1 OG Defiant “LA to Chicago”! 7:30-9 PM At Dirty Bills DJ King Louie
Limited to 75 entries
- Bring your raffle ticket(s) from No-Comply and/or Sneaker Politics to Dirty Bills by 7:30 PM on Thursday 5/23/19
- The first 75 people will receive a wrist band and a bonus raffle ticket. The wristband will enter you in to a Pop shot basketball competition to play for a free pair (highest score by 9 PM will win). The raffle ticket enters you in to a bonus round raffle for a FREE pair.
- There will be a live raffle held at 9:00 PM for pairs from both No-Comply and Sneaker Politics.
- All the raffles will also be broadcast on Instagram Live so you don’t need to be present to win.
- Winners will be contacted on Thursday night via email and can pick up in-store Friday 24th. Winners will have until 7 PM on Saturday 25th to purchase or they will forfeit their pair.
All Shake Back Sunday winners can pick up their pair on 5/25/2019
This Launch Product is Final Sale. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations